Photo credit: Steve Lee
Recipe by Rachel Green
1 cup crème fraîche
2 tbsp hot horseradish sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus small sprigs for garnish
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Sea salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
1 1/2 cups ciabatta bread mix
Plain flour, for dusting
A handful of arugula
7 oz thinly sliced Alaska smoked salmon, torn into small pieces
3 1/2 oz jar Alaska keta salmon roe
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the crème fraîche, horseradish, lemon juice and zest, dill and chives, season with some salt and pepper and leave to one side.
- In a small bowl, toss the red onion with the olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make the bread mix following the instructions on the back of the packet.
- Divide the pizza dough into 6 equal pieces. On a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 5-inch/13cm round. Brush each round with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Top each round with the onion slices, dividing them evenly between the 6 rounds.
- Carefully slide the pizzette onto a baking sheet or pizza stone and leave to rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Place the pizzette in the preheated oven and bake until the crusts are lightly browned which will take around 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the pizzette from the oven and transfer them to a board or serving platter. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then dollop some of the herb crème fraiche onto each followed by some arugula. Scatter the smoked salmon and salmon roe on top dividing it evenly between the pizzettas.
- Garnish each with a sprig of dill and serve immediately.