For the Grilled Flatbread, Corn, and Apricots:
1 cup bread flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon instant or rapid-rise yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
2 fresh apricots or peaches, halved, pits removed
1 ear corn, husked
For the Salad:
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 cups romaine lettuce, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces smoked Alaska salmon, cut into bite-size pieces
1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch slices (optional)
- For the Grilled Flatbread, Corn, and Apricot: Combine flour, salt, yeast, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and, using the whisk attachment, mix until combined. Add olive oil and yogurt and knead with dough hook at low speed until dough comes together into a smooth ball. Dough should stick slightly to bottom of bowl as it kneads (add slightly more yogurt if necessary). Continue to knead for 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a clean bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and allow to rise at room temperature until dough is roughly doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Using a bench scraper or a knife, cut dough into 2 equal pieces. (Alternatively, cut dough into 4 equal pieces to make individually sized flatbreads.) Roll each piece into a ball, then place balls on a well-floured surface, leaving a few inches of space between them, and cover with a floured cloth. Allow dough to rise at room temperature until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- If using a charcoal grill, light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill, and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. If using a gas grill, set half the burners on the grill to the highest heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
- Working with one ball of dough at a time, using floured hands or a rolling pin, stretch dough into an oblong shape roughly 10 to 12 inches long and inches wide (or, if you're making 4 flatbreads, stretch each ball of dough into a smaller circle). Set flatbreads directly above the hot side of the grill. Cook, without moving, popping any large air bubbles with a knife or the edge of a spatula or pizza peel, until bottom sides of flatbreads are charred in spots and light golden brown. Using a large spatula, pizza peel, or tongs, flip flatbreads and cook until other side is charred and browned on each flatbread. Remove bread from grill and transfer to a large plate.
- Brush apricot or peach halves lightly with oil and place on the grill along with the corn. Grill apricots until grill marks appear, flipping once, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill corn until slightly charred on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer apricots and corn to a plate. When they're cool enough to handle, slice apricots and cut corn kernels off the cob.
- For the Salad: In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Add chopped romaine and basil and mix with your hands until well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To Assemble: Place the 2 large flatbreads or 4 smaller ones on a cutting board. Distribute chopped salad evenly between the flatbreads. Top with grilled apricot slices, corn, smoked salmon, and avocado. Use a pizza slicer to cut the flatbreads into pieces and serve immediately.