From June 2019 Docklines.
Picture and recipe from the 2 seasons.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds halibut
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled, cooked, and chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped and divided
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 16-ounce can mushrooms, drained
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut halibut into serving size pieces.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in 4 tablespoons butter.
- Remove from heat, and stir in crackers, pepper, and shrimp.
- Place a layer of halibut in a buttered 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Top with shrimp filling.
- Add another layer of halibut.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter and add flour, milk, and broth to make a sauce. Cook, stirring frequently, till this mixture has thickened. Pour over fish.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add Swiss cheese and 1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional) to top. Cover and return to oven for 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Serve hot.