Prep Time: 15 min, not including marinating time
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 19 minutes
- 2 pounds large Alaska Spot Prawns
- 1/2 cup IPA beer
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced grapefruit zest
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1-inch chive pieces
- 1 large ruby red grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Peel the shrimp leaving the tail on.
In a bowl whisk together ale, mustard, garlic, grapefruit juice, vegetable oil, grapefruit zest, and chili. Pour over shrimp. Cover and refrigerate. Marinate for a minimum of 12 hours or up to 1 day.
Skewer each prawn on a small wooden cocktail fork, curling into a circle. Place in a pan and refrigerate.
Supreme the grapefruit and orange, catching juices in a bowl. Coarsely chop supremes and add to bowl. Mix in lemon juice, olive oil, shallot, chives, and salt.
- Grill prawns and serve
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood