Recipe courtesy of Chef Brooke Williamson
- 1 ½ pounds Alaska rockfish
- 3 cups sushi rice, cooked
- Neutral oil to saute
- Salt & black pepper
Green bean & fish sauce vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 2” piece ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresno chili, julienned
- ¼ cup scallions, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup chives, minced
- ½ pound green beans, cooked
- Shaved purple radishes
On parchment paper and using a 3 1/2” ring mold, press and smooth ¾ cup of cooked sushi rice into the mold, repeat to form 4 rice cakes. Place a pan over medium high heat and cook the rice cakes until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain and season with salt and pepper.
Portion the Alaska rockfish into 4 equal sized portions. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place a large sauté pan over medium high heat and coat the bottom of the pan with a generous amount of neutral oil. When the oil starts to create wisps of smoke, carefully add each portion of rockfish to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Place a microplane over a large glass bowl and grate the garlic clove, ginger and lime. Slice the lime in half and add the juice. Add the yellow curry powder, honey, sugar, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, toasted sesame oil, and olive oil then whisk to combine. Slice the blanched and shocked green beans into ¼” rings. Add the fresno chili, scallions, chives and green beans, stirring again to combine.
- Place a crispy rice cake into a shallow bowl, place the golden brown Alaska rockfish slightly off center of the cake. Place a generous amount of the vinaigrette over top and to the sides. Garnish with thinly shaved purple radish to finish.